The government of India has established the Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act, of 2016. The act came into force on 1st May 2017. The prologue to the Act reads, “ An Act to establish the Real Estate Regulatory Authority to regulate and promote the real estate sector and to ensure the sale of the building or apartment, plot, as the case may be, or sale of real estate project, in an efficient and transparent manner and to protect the interest of consumers and to establish an adjudicating mechanism for speedy dispute redressal and also to establish the Appellate Tribunal to hear appeals from the decisions, or orders of the real estate regulatory authority and the adjudicating officer and for matter connected therewith or incidental thereto”. Under the Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act, 2016, the government of Haryana Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Rules, 2017 which came into force on July 28, 2017. while the Haryana RERA portal was launched on October 4, 2018.
- To regulate the real estate sector for its growth and development
- To bring transparency in the dealings between the promoters of real estate projects and buyers of apartments
- Ensure that the real estate projects are completed within the proposed time frame
- To give speedy and efficient resolutions to disputes relating to the projects
- To enforce the provisions of law and the orders of the authority
RERA for home buyers
RERA Haryana has separate jurisdiction in Panchkula and Gurugram. Log on to the RERA Haryana website and select the jurisdiction from Appellate Tribunal (RERA Haryana except in Panchkula and Gurugram), RERA Panchkula, and RERA Gurugram.
How to check registered projects?
Go to the Haryana RERA website and navigate to the ‘Project Registration’ tab for ‘Search Projects’. Developers can also register their projects with HRERA. Select the project authority whether RERA Gurgaon, RERA Panchkula or the Haryana Real Estate Appellate Tribunal. Complete the form to get the details about the project.
How to check your agent
You can access the list of registered agents as a precaution to avoid any trap of a dubious person. You can check their district, registration certificate, etc. online on the RERA Haryana website. Homebuyers must check these details to their advantage.
Go to the website homepage and navigate to the Agent Registration, now, click on the ‘Registered Agents’ list to check of the agent you are dealing with is HRERA certified.
How to Register a complaint ?
Before filing a complaint you must ensure that you go through the Haryana RERA rules.
- To register your complaint follow the steps given follow:
- Go to the homepage of Haryana RERA and navigate to HRERA Panchkula/Gurgaon.
- Click on the tab ‘Complaint Registration’ and follow all the steps as directed.
- After filling out the HRERA complaint form submit it, you will receive an online complaint number. Keep it handy for future use.
- Make the required payment on the HRERA website. Payment can be made by way of a demand draft in favor of the Haryana Real Estate Regulatory Authority.
- After making the payment, print the acknowledgment page for reference.
- You will also have to take the printout of the Proforma B on the HRERA portal. This will be a detailed form of which you can make five copies.
- Annex a copy of the RERA Haryana certificate declaring that a self-signed copy of a complaint has been sent to the respondent directly and attach that HRERA certificate with the complaint.
- Physically deliver three copies of the HRERA set comprising the Complaint Registration Form and Annexure, Demand Draft of Fee Paid and Detailed Typed Complaint, and Self-declared and signed certificate in the office of Authority by hand or by post at the address.
How to search for complaints?
You can check the status of the complaint on the HRERA portal by clicking on ‘Search complaint’ under complaint registration.
Select the case appeal authority, enter the case number, the case year, and click on ‘search’.
How to register a project?
Developers can register on RERA Haryana portal by these steps:
- Click on the ‘Project Registration’ button on RERA Haryana portal and signup to register the project.
- Fill up the basic details about the project and applicant details on RERA Haryana.
- Save each page and continue
- Fill up form A on RERA Haryana and pay the requisite fee.
- You can also preview the form after entering the details. Make sure of the details and submit the information. A temporary project ID will be saved.
- Keep handy several copies of this registration form. Three copies of this form are to be submitted to the authority.
- Keep handy all the necessary documentation such as bank drafts, licenses, approvals, renewal letters, ownership documents, bilateral agreement with DTCP, copy of LC-IV, power of attorney wherever necessary, zoning plan, building approvals, and other such documents as mentioned on the Haryana RERA website.
- Prepare all the documents as per Haryana RERA regulations.
- You can submit the documents online and one hardcopy should be submitted to the authority.
- A receipt will be generated and the project will be live on the RERA Haryana portal.
How to register as an agent?
Agents will be required to provide details of their company and its type, whether held individually, as a society or proprietorship. You will also need to provide the PAN card, address proof, registered address, photographs, contact details, particulars of registration, bye-laws, etc. to complete the registration process.
By following the procedure given below agents can register themself on the RERA Haryana portal:
- Go to the HRERA website and navigate to the ‘Agent Registration’.
- Under the ‘Agent Registration’, you will find ‘signUp to register a Agent’ tab, click on it.
- Select the ‘Agent’ tab above the form, and fill up the basic details, you will receive an OTP and enter it.
- Now, create a password, enter the captcha and click on the ‘create’ tab to register as an agent.
Follow and Connect with us: Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram