Vastu for the kitchen is crucial because it promotes a positive energy flow, improves health and prosperity, makes cooking easier, creates a hygienic environment, and harmonizes the five elements of nature. Following Vastu guidelines for the kitchen can help to create a space that is both functional and harmonious.
Significance of Vastu for kitchen
By striking a balance between the five elements of nature—earth, water, fire, air, and space—Vastu Shastra, an ancient Indian science of architecture, emphasizes the value of harmonious living. The kitchen is a vital space in the home, according to Vastu Shastra, as it is where food is prepared, which is essential for the occupants’ health. Here are some of the implications of Vastu for the kitchen:
Promotes Positive Energy: Vastu for the kitchen helps to create a positive energy flow in the space, which can have a positive impact on the health and well-being of the occupants.
Enhances Health and Prosperity: A kitchen built in accordance with Vastu principles can enhance both health and prosperity by ensuring that the energy flow is balanced and harmonious.
Facilitates Efficient Cooking: Vastu principles for the kitchen help to make sure that the kitchen is designed in a way that facilitates effective cooking.
Creates a Hygienic Environment: Vastu for the kitchen emphasizes the significance of cleanliness and hygiene, which is necessary for a healthy and prosperous home.
Balances the Five Elements: By balancing the five natural elements, the Vastu principles for the kitchen can help to create a harmonious and well-balanced environment.
Ideal direction for kitchen as per vastu
The South-East direction is the best direction for the kitchen, according to Vastu Shastra. This is due to the fact that the South-East direction is linked to the fire element, which is necessary for cooking. Here are some guidelines for the direction of the kitchen as per Vastu:
- The south-east corner of the home is the ideal place for the kitchen. This will make sure that the energy of the kitchen is in balance with the fire element.
- The kitchen should be in the south-east corner if at all possible; otherwise, the north-west direction is the best option. However, this should be avoided if possible, as it is not considered to be an ideal direction for the kitchen.
- As the north-east is regarded as an unlucky direction for the kitchen, this direction shouldn’t be where it is.
- The kitchen may become unbalanced if it is situated directly beneath or above a bedroom, bathroom, or room used for puja.
- Make sure the kitchen has enough windows or an exhaust fan to allow the heat and smoke to easily escape.
In general, it is important to choose the kitchen’s direction carefully because it can affect the energy of the room. According to Vastu Shastra, the best direction for the kitchen is the South-East.
Layout of kitchen as per vastu
The layout of the kitchen, according to Vastu Shastra, should be carefully planned because it can affect the energy of the space. Here are some guidelines for the layout of the kitchen as per Vastu:
- The kitchen should be in the south-east corner of the house. This is considered to be the ideal location as it is associated with the element of fire, which is essential for cooking.
- Place the cooking surface or stove in the southeast corner of the kitchen. As a result, the cook will face East while cooking, which is thought to be lucky.
- The north-east corner of the kitchen should be where the sink or water source is located. This is considered to be a good location as it represents the element of water, which is associated with prosperity.
- The south-west corner of the kitchen should be where you put the refrigerator. This is regarded as a reliable location and will make sure that the energy in the kitchen stays balanced.
- In order to prevent the kitchen from becoming unbalanced, try to avoid placing it directly beneath or above a bathroom, a bedroom, or a room used for puja.
- For easy heat and smoke escape, the kitchen should have plenty of windows or an exhaust fan.
- Avoid storing things like brooms or mops in the kitchen as this can lead to bad energy. Keep the kitchen tidy and free of clutter.
The kitchen’s layout ought to be created to encourage harmony, balance, and good vibes.
Colors in Kitchen as per vastu
The colors in the kitchen should be carefully chosen, as they can affect the energy of the room. Here are some guidelines for selecting colors for the kitchen as per Vastu:
- Black and dark blue should not be used in the kitchen. These colors can create a heavy, oppressive atmosphere.
- White and yellow are considered auspicious kitchen colors because they promote positive energy and cleanliness.
- Green is also a good color for the kitchen because it represents growth and freshness.
- Red and orange are considered fiery colors that can stimulate appetite, so they should be used in moderation.
- Brown and beige earthy tones are also good choices for the kitchen because they create a warm and grounded atmosphere.
It’s important to choose colors that create a balanced and harmonious atmosphere in the kitchen.
Vastu for kitchen sink
According to Vastu shastra, the alignment and positioning of various elements within a space is critical in order to foster harmony, good health, and prosperity. Here are some Vastu tips for the kitchen sink:
Placement: According to Vastu, the kitchen sink should be placed in the north-east direction of the kitchen. This is believed to bring the family good health, wealth, and prosperity. If this is not possible, the sink can be positioned to the north.
Shape and size: The sink should be square or rectangular in shape, and the size should be proportional to the size of the kitchen.
Material: The sink should be made of stainless steel or stone. Avoid using plastic sinks as they are not considered auspicious.
Direction of water flow: The water should flow towards the north-east direction when draining out of the sink. This is believed to bring positive energy and good fortune to the family.
Cleanliness: Keep the sink clean and free from clutter. Leaving dirty dishes in the sink for a long time is considered unhygienic and can bring about negative energy.
Following these Vastu guidelines will help you infuse your kitchen with a positive and harmonious energy that will benefit your family’s general well-being.
Ideal direction to face while
According to Vastu, the best direction to face while cooking in the kitchen is east. This is due to the fact that the east direction is linked to the fire element and is thought to bring good fortune and health.
If it’s not possible to face the east direction while cooking, you can also face the north direction. This is because the north direction is associated with the energy of wealth and prosperity, and is also considered a good direction for cooking.
The stove shouldn’t be placed directly in front of the kitchen entrance or under a beam, as this can generate negative energy and obstruct the flow of positive energy in the kitchen. This is important to remember regardless of which direction you face while cooking. Additionally, maintaining a clean, clutter-free kitchen is essential for fostering a positive energy there.